The zinc pigment in dry film renders excellent protection to steel structure, tank, bullets, dam gates, pipelines, plant equipments, jetty, etc., in both interior and exterior conditions of fertilizer units, chemical plants, steel plants, cement plants, pulp and paper industries, ports, power plants, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industry, transformer, machines and other heavy duty OEMs. It also provides cathodic protection to steel and gives good resistance to corrosion at local damaged areas. It is useful in heavy-duty protective paint systems. It is recommended not to expose the primed coat alone to chemical and saline atmosphere for a long time.
|Solids by volume :||50 + 3%|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||10 sq. mt./ltr. DFT of 50 µ|
|Flash point :||
(at 65% relative humidity & at 30° c) :
|Shell life :||
Abrasive blasting to SA 2 1/2 Standards is recommended with a profile of 35 – 75 microns. The surface should be absolutely dry and salt free before application. The primer should be applied preferably immediately or within 4 hours of blasting.
|Mixing Ratio :||Base : Hardener – (As per our recommendations)|
|Application :||By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 002|
|Pot life :||4 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended Dft :||30 – 50 µ.|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Compatibility :||Can be over coated with Epoxy, PU, Chlorinated rubber intermediate/finish coats|
Stir the base part thoroughly with power stirrer. Mix the base and hardener as per our recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner type 002 into the mix, if required depending on the application method and then stir gently for few minutes. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. Strain the paint through Nylon filter cloth and apply uniformly over the surface. All equipment used for above should be properly cleaned.
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
Generally no thinner is reqired for Brush application, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% thinner by volume. Apply evenly in crossed manner ensuring the uniform application. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : 10-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.2 – 1.4mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 70 p.s.i.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : Max 5%, if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.37mm – 0.42mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 2 100 -2400 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C and when Relative Humidity is above 85%. Do not apply during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- Products with different volume solids and Zinc contents are also available on request
- Product for flow coat applications is also available on request.
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition.
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.