It is recommended as primer on M. S. surface for original equipment manufacturing as well as for process industry as in various fertilizer, refineries, petrochemical, chemical and other plants, applied in diverse areas of tank exteriors, equipments, pipelines, structural steel, etc., Not to be used for immersion application.
|Solids by volume :||40 + 3%|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||13.33 sq. Mt./ltr. At a recommended dft of 30 µ|
|Flash point :||
(at 65% relative humidity & at 30° c) :
|Shell life :||
Abrasive blasting to SA 21/2 Swedish Standards is the best method of surface preparation. In case blasting is not possible, then the surface of steel should be cleaned to St – 2/St – 3. The surface should be absolutely dry, moisture and oil free before primer application.
|Mixing Ratio :||Base : Hardener – (As per our recommendations)|
|Application :||By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 002|
|Pot life :||4 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended Dft :||30 – 40 µ.|
|Overcoating Interval :||
|Compatibility :||Can be over coated with Epoxy, PU, Chlorinated rubber and Oleo –resinous topcoats.|
Stir the base part thoroughly. Mix the base and hardener as per our recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. Add thinner type 002 into the mix, if required depending on the application method and then stir gently for few minutes.Strain the paint through Nylon filter cloth and apply uniformly over the surface. All equipment used for above should be properly cleaned
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
Generally no thinner is required for Brush applications, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% of thinner, by volume can be added. Apply evenly in crossed manner ensuring the uniform application. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : 10-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.2 – 1.4mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 70 p.s.i.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : Max 5%, if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.37mm – 0.42mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 1400 -1800 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3&drg; C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition.
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.