Supercoat enamel is 1st quality general purpose enamel. Recommended for application over Mid Steel, Aluminium, GI & Wood after proper priming of the surface. It also can be applied over GP Rust Guard 238 for achieving better aesthetics. Not recommended for application in medium and severe corrosive areas. Provides limited corrosion resistance.
|Color :||Industrial shades|
|Finish :||Glossy / Semi glossy / Matt|
|Solids by volume :||40 + 3% (Depends on shade)|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||13.33 sq. mt./ltr. at a recommended DFT of 30 µ|
|Flash point :||
(at 65% relative humidity & at 30° c) :
|Shell life :||12 months|
In case it is being applied over then it should be emery scuffed and cleaned with water to remove any soluble salt deposits. The surface should be free from oil, moisture, dust and dirt. For application as a top coat over other surfaces, primed surfaces should be emery scuffed and cleaned with solvent to remove dust.
|Application :||By Conventional / By Brush|
|Thinner :||Type 006|
|Pot life :||4 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended dft :||30-35 µ.|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Compatibility :||Can be applied over Epoxy and Polyurethane and Olio resinous primer, Not to be over coated with any two-component product|
Stir the Base part thoroughly. Mix the 5 -10% Thinner in the paint as per our recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner into the mix, if required depending on the application method and then stir gently for few minutes. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. Strain the paint through Nylon filter cloth 400 mesh size and apply uniformly over the surface. All equipments used for above should be properly clean.
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray
For Brush application, generally no thinner is required to be added. However under adverse environmental condition about 5% by volume thinner can be added. Apply evenly in crossed manner and ensure the uniformity. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 006
- Addition : 5 - 15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.2mm – 1.5mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 45 - 55 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- Volume Solids will vary depending on shades. Products with different volume solids are also available on request
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of Labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.