It is recommended as primer on M. S. Surface for OEM applications as well as for process industries like fertilizer plant, refineries, petrochemicals industries for protection of steel pipelines and structural from corrosion.s
|Solids by volume :||40 + 3%|
|Theoretical spreading rate:||13.33 sq. mt./ltr. at recommended DFT of 30 µ|
|Flash point :||
(At 65% relative humidity & at 30° C)
|SHELL LIFE :||
Abrasive blasting to SA 2 1/2 Swedish Standards is the best method of surface preparation. In case blasting is not possible, then the surface of steel should be cleaned to with brass-wire brush, coarse emery paper, scraper, etc., to remove rust, dust, loose old coating, oil grease and other foreign contaminants. It is preferable to give a solvent wipe after preparation. The surface should be absolutely dry, moisture and oil free before primer application or Phosphated components by 7-tank pretreatment process of surface preparation.
|Mixing ratio :||base : hardener – (as per our recommendations)|
|Application :||by brush / by conventional spray|
|Thinner :||type 001|
|Pot life :||3 hours min at 30° c|
|Recommended dft :||30 – 40 µ|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Compatibility :||can be over coated with epoxy, polyurethane, chlorinated rubber and alkyd Finish coatings|
Stir the base part thoroughly. Mix the base and hardener as per our recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner type 001 into the mix, if required depending on the application method and then stir gently for few minutes. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. Strain the paint through Nylon filter cloth of 200 mesh size and apply uniformly over the surface. All equipment used for above should be properly cleaned.
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
Generally no thinner is reqired for Brush application, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% thinner by volume. Apply evenly in crossed manner ensuring the uniform application. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 001
- Addition : 10-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.2 – 1.4mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 70 p.s.i.
- Thinner : Type 001
- Addition : Max 5%
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.28mm – 0.37mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 1400 -1800 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Do not apply on hot Surface (above 50° C). Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.