It is recommended for application on structural steel, pipelines, storage tanks, etc., subjected to aggressive environment. It can be used on submerged steel, under water pipelines, ballast water tanks, mud tanks, drill water tanks, cargo holds carrying grain and dry cargo. Suitable for application on concrete walls and columns. It is very much useful in fertilizer plants, chemical units, refineries and petrochemical complexes, tank farms, offshore installations and various other industries including aqua culture.
|Color :||Industrial Shades|
|Finish :||Semi glossy / Matt|
|Solids by volume :||58 + 3% (Depends on shade)|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||8.92 sq. mt./ltr. at a recommended DFT of 65 µ|
|Flash point :||base : above 23° c hardener : above 23° c|
(at 65% relative humidity & at 30° c) :
|Shell life :||
This being finish paint, it is a applied either over primer or Intermediate coat. The surface should be clean, dry & free from contamination before application. In case of aged epoxy coating, the surface should be sufficiently roughened prior to painting
|Mixing ratio :||Base : Hardener – (As per our recommendations)|
|Application :||By Brush / By Airless Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 002|
|Pot life :||4- 6 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended dft :||65-75 µ.|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Compatibility :||Cannot to be top coated by any solvent Epoxy, PU, Chlorinated rubber and synthetic enamel paints.|
Mix the base and hardener as per our recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner type 002 into the mix, if required depending on the application method and then stir gently for few minutes. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. All equipment used for above should be properly clean.
Application : By Brush / By Airless Spray
For Brush application, generally no thinner is required to be added. However under adverse environmental condition about 5% by volume thinner 002 can be added. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : Max 5% if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.33mm – 0.48mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 2100 - 2400 p.s.i
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- Product will different volume solids, with Amine Hardener are also available on request
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of Labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.