This primer gives the best protection from corrosion to abrasive blasted steel. It is recommended for exterior and interior of water and storage tanks (based on the material stored inside), structures, bullets, equipments of petrochemical complex, refineries, fertilizer units, power plants, steel plants, smelters, cement plants, paper and pulp plants, transportation industries, chemical plants, etc., Inorganic zinc silicate provides cathodic protection to steel and gives excellent corrosion resistance even in the most severe conditions, when used in a suitable system.
|Theoretical spreading rate :||8.00 sq. Mt./ltr. At recommended dft of 75 µ|
|Flash point :||16° c|
|Drying characteristics :||
|Shell life :||
Abrasive blasting to min SA 2 1/2 Swedish specifications is must with a blasting profile of 45 – 70 microns. The surface should be absolutely dry, oil and salt free before application of the primer. The primer should be applied preferably immediately or withing 4 hours after blasting for best performance. In case it is extended; the surface should be cleaned by sweep blast to remove any flush rust that may have formed.
|Mixing ratio :||Part A : Part B – As per our recommendations|
|Application :||By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 004|
|Pot life :||4 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended dft :||60 – 75 µ.|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Overcoating interval :||Compatible with Epoxy, PU, Chlorinated Rubber and Heat Resistant paints.|
Open the packing just before use. Take the liquid part in a clean container and add zinc dust gradually by weight into it, as per the recommended ratio, under slow constant power stirring. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner Type 004 into the mix and stir gently for few minutes. Strain the mixture through 60-80 mesh screen and apply uniformly over the surface. All the equipments used for above should be properly clean. Stirring should continue till the batch is completed. Brush application is not recommended. If relative humidity is less than 40%, it is advisable to sprinkle water over the primed surface after about 30 minutes of application
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
When over coating with H B paints apply by mist coat/full coat technique.
- Thinner : Type 004
- Addition : 5-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.5 – 3 mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 70 p.s.i.
- Thinner : Type 006
- Addition : Max 5%, if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.48 – 0.64 mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 1800 – 2100 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3&drg; C above Dew point.
- Spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- Products with various % of metallic Zinc contents are available on request.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition.
- Shake the liquid part thoroughly before adding zinc dust into it. Do not open the packing until just before use. Avoid moisture contact with the zinc dust.
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.