It is recommended as a top coat for structures, pipelines, vessels, equipments and machineries, storage tanks etc., in fertilizers and chemical plant, cement plants, steel plants, pharmaceutical and petrochemical complexes, refineries etc., This product is also recommended for application over suitable primer for OEM industry like machine tools, pumps, machineries, transformers etc.,
|Color :||Assorted shades|
|Finish :||Glossy / Semiglossy / Matt|
|SOLIDS BY VOLUME :||40 + 3% (Depends on shade)|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||13.33 sq. Mt./ltr. At a recommended dft of 30 µ|
|Flash point :||base : above 23° c hardener : above 23° c|
(at 65% relative humidity & at 30° c) :
|Full cure :||7 days|
|Shell life :||
This being a top coat, which is applied over, primer or intermediate coats, the surface should be free from oil, moisture, dust and dirt. Aged epoxy/PU coatings should be roughened by emery paper grade 400/600 for better bonding. or grinding. Acid etching may be considered for smaller areas, after etching the floor it should be thoroughly washed with clean water and then allowed to dry.
|Mixing ratio :||Base : Hardener – (As per our recommendations)|
|Application :||By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 002|
|Pot life :||4- 6 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended dft :||30-40 µ|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Compatibility :||Compatible with PU, Chlorinated Rubber and synthetic enamel paints|
Stir the base part thoroughly. Mix the base and hardener as per our recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner type 002 into the mix, if required depending on the application method and then stir gently for few minutes. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. Strain the paint through Nylon filter cloth of 200 mesh size and apply uniformly over the surface. All equipment used for above should be properly clean.
Application : By Brush / By Airless Spray
For Brush application, generally no thinner is required to be added. However under adverse environmental condition about 5% by volume thinner 002 can be added. Apply uniformly in criss-cross manner and ensure there are no misses. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : 5-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.2 – 1.4mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 70 p.s.i.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : Max 5% if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.28mm – 0.37mm
- Nozzle Pressure : 1400 -1800 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- Product will different volume solids, with Amine Hardener are also available on request
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of Labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.