This intermediate high build coat is suitable for protection of steel structures in aggressive coastal and industrial atmosphere. Applications includes ship loaders, hoppers, conveyors, storage tanks, pipelines and general structures in fertilizer plants, refineries, petrochemical and pharmaceutical complexes, chemical plants, power plants, steel and cement plants, smelters, engineering industries, etc., This being an intermediated coat, it has to be applied on a recommended primer coat based on prevailing service conditions.
|Color :||Dark Brown|
|Solids by volume :||50 + 3%|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||8.33 sq. mt./ltr. at recommended DFT of 60 µ|
|Flash point :||
|Drying characteristics :||
|Shell life :||
This being intermediate/finish paint, it is applied either over primer. The surface should be free from moisture, oil and dust before application. In case of aged epoxy coating/exceeded over coating, the surface should be sufficiently roughened prior to painting
|Mixing Ratio :||Base : Hardener – (As per our recommendations)|
|Application :||By Brush / By Conventional Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 002|
|Pot life :||3 hours min at 30° C|
|Recommended Dft :||60 – 80 µ.|
|Overcoating Interval :||
|Compatibility :||Can be top coated by Epoxy, PU, Chlorinated Rubber and synthetic enamel paints. Compatible with Epoxy and zinc rich primers.|
Mix the base and hardener in the recommended ratio by volume. Stir the mix gently to attain homogeneity. Add thinner Type 002 into the mix and stir gently for few minutes. Allow the mixture to stand still (maturation) for about 10-15 minutes to initiate the reaction. All equipments used for above should be properly clean.
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
Generally no thinner is required for Brus application, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% of thinner, by volume can be added. Use quality brushes for paint application. Brushes made up of hog bristles are highly recommended. Size of the brush should be in proportion the work in hand. Large size brushes (100 -125 mm) for large areas and small brushes (25 – 50 mm) for narrow areas should be used.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : 5-15%, if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.8 – 2 mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 75 p.s.i.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : Max 5%, if required
- Nozzle Orifice : 0.42 – 0.53 mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 2100 – 2400 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3&drg; C above Dew point.
- Brushes and Spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- Volume solids will vary depending on requirements. Products with different volume solids with "Amine Hardener" are also available on requests
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representative for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition.
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.