An excellent corrosion protection primer for protecting steel exposed to spillage and fumes of acids alkalis in marine and severe chemical environment such as Ordnance Factories, fertilizer plants, steel plants, petrochemical and pharmaceutical units, chemical units and highly acidic environment. The product is not recommended for solvent spillages or exposure to fumes.
|Solids by volume:||35 + 3%|
|Theoretical spreading rate:||10.00 sq. Mt./ltr. At recommended dft of 35 µ|
|Flash point:||25° c|
|Shell Life:||6 months|
Blast cleaning to SA 2 1/2 Swedish specifications is preferred. In case it is not feasible, then manual cleaning by mechanical methods like wire brush, emery paper, hand /power tools, etc., to archive St-2/St-3 cleaning standards of Swedish specification. The surface should be free from rust, moisture, oil, dust and dirt should be absolutely dry before painting.
|Application :||By brush|
|Thinner :||003 / 006|
|Recommended dft :||35 – 35 µ.|
|Overcoating interval :||Min. : 18 - 24 hours Max.: Infinite|
|Compatibility :||Can be applied on epoxy primer and oleo-resinous primer. Not to be top coated / over coated by two component paints like epoxy, pu, etc.|
Generally no thinner is required for Brush application, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% of thinner, by volume can be added. Use quality brushes for paint application. Size of the brush should be in proportion to the work hand.
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
Generally no thinner is required for Brush application, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% thinner by volume. Apply evenly in crossed manner ensuring the uniform application. Use quality brushes for paint application.
- Thinner : Type 002
- Addition : 10-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.2 – 1.4mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 40 – 70 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representatives for further assistance.
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition.
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded.