An excellent corrosion protection Intermediate coat applied over chlorinated rubber primer for enhancing corrosion protection of steel exposed to spillage and fumes of acids and alkalis and in marine and severe chemcial enviornment such as in Ordnance factories, fertilizer plants, steel plants, petrochemical and pharmaceuticals units, chemical units and highly acidic enviornment.
|Color :||Reddish brown|
|Solids by volume :||40 + 2%|
|Theoretical spreading rate :||8.0 sq. mt./ltr. at recommended DFT of 50 µ|
|Flash point :||
(at 65% relative humidity & at 30° c) :
|Shell life :||
Clean the surface with water in case of deposits of soluble salt on the surface. The surface should be clean, dry & free from contamination before application. Aged epoxy surface be scuffed with emery paper for better bonding.
|Application :||By Brush / By Conventional Spray|
|Thinner :||Type 006 / Type 003|
|Recommended dft :||50 – 75 µ.|
|Overcoating interval :||
|Compatibility :||Can be applied on Epoxy and oleo-resinous primer. Not to be top coated by two component paints like epoxy, PU, etc.|
Stir the paint thoroughly to attain homogeneity. Add thinner Type 006/003 to get the brushing consistency. Then strain the thinned paint through Nylon Mesh of size 100 mesh and apply uniformly over the surface. All equipments used for above should be properly clean.
Application : By Brush / By Conventional Spray / By Airless Spray
Generally no thinner is required for Brush application, however under adverse environmental conditions about 5% of thinner, by volume can be added. Use quality brushes for paint application. Brushes made up of hog bristles are highly recommended. Size of the brush should be in proportion to the worl in hand. Large size brushes (100-125 mm) for large areas and small brushes (25-50 mm) for narrow areas should be used.
- Thinner : Type 003/006
- Addition : 5-15%
- Nozzle Orifice : 1.8 – 3mm
- Nozzle Pressure: 45 – 75 p.s.i.
- Do not apply paint when temperature falls below 10° C or rises above 50° C when Relative Humidity is above 85% & during rain, fog or mist. Surface temperature must always be minimum of 3° C above Dew point.
- Brushes and spray equipment should be cleaned with KP’s recommended thinner otherwise equipment is liable to be damaged.
- DFT variation can be obtained by change in application method / thinning ratio. Contact Khodal Paints representative for further assistance
- Shelf life indicated is minimum for this Product in sealed conditions and it is subject to re-inspection thereafter. Individual component is required to be stored in cool, dry and covered condition away from heat and ignition.
Health & Safety
This is a solvent based paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray or eyes. Mist or vapours as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin.
Limitation of Liability
To the best of our knowledge the technical data in our literature are true and accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notice. We guarantee our product to confirm to the specifications contained herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. Liability, if any is limited to replacement of the product or refund of the purchased price. Labour or cost of labour and other consequential damages are hereby excluded